This is a list of 15 stunningly interesting facts about our body. Did you know about all these?
1. A tongue print is absolutely unique; remember this when showing it to somebody!
2. A single hair can hold the weight of a hanging apple. However, scientists don’t specify the dimensions of the apple.
3. The number of bacteria in a person’s mouth is equal to the number of people living on Earth, or even more.
4. Nails that are soft and brittle, with no moon, could indicate an overactive thyroid.
5. The speed of an incoming brain impulse is about 400 km/h.
6. There are not just four different blood types as we used to think, but in fact 29! The rarest of them belongs to the Bombay subtype, which is common for a small group of families in Japan.
7. Over the course of just one day, our blood ’runs’ the distance of 19,312 kilometers.
8. The total length of all the nerves in the human body is 75 kilometers.
9. A human makes approximately 20,000 breaths per day.
10. Almost all people in the world have special mites on their eyelashes called demodex.
11. A human eye can distinguish up to 10 million different colors. But our brain can’t remember all of them.
12. Our ears keep on growing throughout our lives with almost unbelievable speed — a quarter of a millimeter per year!
13. The heart beats 35 million times a year. Yes, 35 million. A year!
14. Every day, the human body loses about one million skin cells — that amounts to 2 kilos every year.
15. 1 square centimeter of your skin contains around a hundred pain sensors.