What is HTML?
• HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup
Language HTML is the standard markup language for creating Web pages
• HTML describes the structure of a Webpage • HTML consists of a series of elements
• HTML elements tell the browser how to display the content HTML elements label pieces of content such as this is a heading . "this is a paragraph", "this is a link", etc.
A Simple HTML Document
My First Heading
My first paragraph.
• The ! Doctype html declaration defines that this document is an HTML5 document
• The chtml> element is the root element of an HTML page
The head element contains meta information about the HTML page
• The title element specifies a title for the HTML page (which is shown in the browser's title bar or in the page's tab)
• The body element defines the document's body, and is a container for all the visible contents, such as headings, paragraphs, images, hyperlinks, tables, lists, etc.
• The h1 element defines a large heading
• The p element defines a paragraph