Remember I said that'd discuss how to prevent oneself from farting after consuming beans in a second article .well here it is.
The ways are listed below
1. Boiling: When beans is boiled properly in water, the oligosaccharides tend to leach out into the water. This is because the oligosaccharides are highly water soluble and are removed from the beans during boiling. Ensure to cook beans well till they are very soft. This will help reduce the gas production. Even canned beans can be cooked before serving.
2. Soaking: When beans is soaked in water for few hours before cooking,the oligosaccharide contained in the bean seeds are leached out into the water, making the beans less prone to cause farting when consumed. If you are using dried beans, soak for 48hours and drain well, then rinse properly before cooking. Use fresh water for cooking and not the soaking water. If you are using canned beans, rinse properly before cooking.
3. Eat beans with vegetables: Beans contain high oligosaccharide content, and when this is mixed with vegetables that have low oligosacharride content like lettuce and cucumber, it makes the digestion easier. Easier digestion will reduce the amount of carbohydrate produced in the gut.
4. Do not eat sugary foods or fruits within 3 hours of eating beans: The sugars in beans do not digest, they just ferment in the gut and produce gas. So adding other sugars in the gut will only escalate the problem and lead to more production of gas.
5. Use digestive spices when cooking beans: Cooking beans with ginger or tumeric helps to make the beans more digestible leading to less gas production.
6. Eat the beans slowly and carefully: Most of the gas produced in the body are formed when you swallow air. Eating too quickly can cause excess air to enter you body.