You wanna rock your mind with 15 amazing facts about fashion that you didn’t know about! While many blogs, articles, and books have been written about this industry, many still probably aren't aware of these fashion tidbits!
1. Napoleon wasn’t just about war. He contributed to fashion in many ways too. The reason we have buttons on the sleeves of our jackets is because Napoleon got tired of his soldiers wiping their noses on their sleeves.
2. The first official Fashion Week started in 1943 in New York. Its main purpose was to distract the attention away from French fashion during World War II and kickstart the way for American designers.
3. There are 40 Fashion Weeks and 100 official events. The five most prominent Fashion Weeks are held in the fashion capitals of the world: Milan, New York, Berlin, London, and Paris. New York starts off the international circuit with its Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.
4. To be a Haute Couture designer, one must get approved by the Chamber of Syndicale, the governing body of fashion in Paris. How serious is the approval? Well, only 14 fashion houses have been approved out of the vast amount of designers we consider haute couture. Some of the non-approved applicants are great designers, such asGiorgio Armani.
5. There are over 100 fashion blogs with United States.