Here are 6 things you probably didn’t know about the Prince of African music, Davido:
1. Davido was born in Atlanta, Georgia on 21 November 1992. He attended the British International School in Lagos.
2. He proceeded to study Business Administration at Oakland University in Alabama but that was short-lived as the singer dropped out and returned back to Nigeria to pursue his music career.
3. He was admitted into Babcock University to study music, a department his father helped to set up. In June 2015, he graduated from Babcock University with a second class upper degree in Music.
4. His father is Nigerian billionaire businessman, Adedeji Adeleke and his late mother, Vero was a university lecturer.
5. Davido’s uncle, Isiaka Adeleke is a former Governer of Osun State and currently a Senator of the Federal Republic.
6. As a teenager, Davido started his music career in America. He initially used to backup for Sina Rambo, who was a rising rapper in the US.