The African Giant by name Damini Ogulu , better known by his stage name Burna Boy,was born in July 1991. He is a Nigerian reggae- singer and songwriter. Burna Boy hails from Mbiama in Ahoda West Local Government area in Rivers State.
He hit his first two singles, with his unique blend of Nigerian hip hop, reggae and highlife.
Here are 20 things about Burna Boy that may not resonate well with majority of the people, include the following:
1. His first record was at Leriq Treehouse Studio in Port-Harcourt and his first gig on stage was in December 2010 at the Calabar Carnival.
2. Burna Boy got his first tattoo at the age of 15. He says the tattoos are a representative of him artistically. He has more than 12 tattoos and has a tattoo of his role model , Kuti Fela on his arm.
3. His role models are Fela Anikulapo Kuti , 2Face and Sizzla Kalonji.
4. (Like to Party)was released In May 2012, which brought him to prominence.
5. During a performance he once broke his leg and rib after falling off a stage.
6. He is a brand ambassador for Head Honcho Clothing.
7. Burna Boy collaboration with AKA, Da Les and JR is one of the biggest collaborations of his career.
8. In 2013, the Nigeria Entertainment Awards awarded him with the Best New Act of the Year.
9. Burna Boy first album titled (L.I.F.E) sold over 50 000 copies on the first day of release.
10. Robbery was the first song recorded by Burna Boy, which was on the beat of (Step Back) by Freeway featuring Lil Wayne.
11. Burna Boy signed with Bad Habit/Atlantic Records in the United States and Warner Music Group internationally In 2017.
12. Burna Boy also performed at London's O2 Academy Brixton on 7 October 2018.
13.While on On 9 October 2018, He was announced as one of Spotify's New Afro Hub Takeover Artist.
14. He won four awards at the Soundcity MVP Awards Festival, including African Artiste of the Year, Listener's Choice and Best Male MVP.
15. He released a 4-track collaborative EP with Los Angeles-based electronic duo DJDS, titled Steel & Copper On 21 March 2019.
16. On June 24, 2019, Burna Boy won Best International Act at the 2019 BET Awards.
17. Burna Boy was announced as Apple Music's Up Next artist In July 2019.
18. He's fourth studio album African Giant was released on July 26, 2019 and was supported by six singles: "Gbona", "On the Low", Killin Dem", "Dangote", "Anybody" and "Pull Up".
19. Burna Boy was Nominated for Grammy Award for his work( African Giant) under Best World Music Album on 20 November 2019.
20. Burna African Giant album was nominated for Best World Music category, containing at least 51 per cent time of new vocal or instrumental World Music recordings.
If you learn Anything About Him,Then Take the Quiz