Advocates of natural healing suggest a number of natural remedies for grey hair. These include:
• Coconut oil. Every other day, before bed, massage coconut oil onto your hair and scalp. The next morning, wash your hair as usual.
• Ginger (Zingiber officinale). Every day, eat a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger mixed with 1 tablespoon of honey.
• Amla (Phyllanthus emblica). Drink six ounces of fresh amla juice every day or massage your hair with amla oil one time each week. Amla is also known as Indian gooseberry.
• Ghee.Twice a week, massage your hair and scalp with pure ghee (clarified butter).
• Amaranth (Amaranthus). Three times a week, apply fresh amaranth juice to your hair.
• Fo-ti (Polygonum multiflorum). In traditional Chinese medicine, fo-ti is taken internally as a supplement — 1,000 milligrams two times per day with food — to reverse the greying hair process.
• Onion (Allium cepa). Blend an onion in a blender and then use a strainer so that you’re left with the juice. Twice a week, rub this juice into your scalp, leaving it in place for 30 minutes and then shampooing as usual.
• Carrot juice (Daucus carota subsp. sativus). Drink 8 ounces of carrot juice every day.
• Curry leaves (Murraya koenigii). Make a paste of ¼ cup of curry leaves and ½ cup of yogurt. Apply it to your hair and scalp and then wash it off after 30 minutes. Repeat two to three times a week.
• Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). Take an ashwagandha supplement with food. Ashwagandha is also known as Indian ginseng.
• Almond oil. Mix together equal parts of almond oil, lemon juice, and amla juice. Massage the mixture into your hair and scalp. Follow this routine two times a day for three months.